Thursday, May 3, 2012

This was going to be a post on our awesome spring break week, but then my sweet husband had a run-in with a homeless guy while riding a bike on his way up to the hospital. so one broken arm later, I am going to do this post instead:

Just for clarification, Matt broke his arm, not the homeless guy. The homeless guy walked away with nary a scratch.

And for further clarification, Matt was not mugged, which was my first thought when Matt called me at 7 in the morning to tell me that a homeless guy had knocked him off his bike. What actually happened was that Matt was biking up to the hospital to start his first day of surgical rotation, when a drunk homeless man stumbled from the bushes where he had apparently been peeing and collided with Matt. My poor husband flew over his handle-bars and landed on his head, shoulder and arm.

What, thats never happened to you?

Thankfully, after two days of meeting with general practitioners, radiologists, orthopedics and advisers, it was determined that Matt doesn't need surgery or a cast, can complete his surgical rotation and just needs to take it easy with his arm.

Since this is Matt's millionth thirteenth broken bone, he doesn't think it is a very big deal.

Since it means Matt can't snuggle with me at night, I think its a huge deal.

And since Matt can't use his arm, Addie and I have been stuck with the task of finishing the reorganization that we started over spring break. And by reorganizing, I mean Matt and I took everything out of the two bedrooms, shoved it in the living room and then put about half the stuff back. Which means most of it is still in our living room, along with the still-packed suitcases from our trip last week. Fortunately Ads, has been really helpful...

Helping me sort through one of the many piles of laundry...

Helping me put away clean laundry...

And doing some reading so I could get some actual work done!

What a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment