Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Best


A few weeks ago I was asked what my mom was like growing up. It was a pretty easy answer. My mom was the best. She was, and is, probably the most hands-on-mom you will ever meet. In a good way. Occasionally, in an annoying way. But always in a way that you knew no matter what happened, she had your back. You also knew that, nine times out of ten, she already knew what you were going to do or say.

My mom and me :)

Growing up, she was also an odd combination of super strict and crazy fun. The same mom who would not answer a question that wasn't accompanied with a 'please' was the same mom who would declare it was pajama day and tell us we couldn't go to school and had to do everything in our pjs. She was consistently firm on discipline (except maybe occasionally with my sweet-talking brother), but she was spontaneously fun with life. And if you have never heard her read a children's book, you are really missing out. She can entertain any child, anywhere. They all love her. Especially Ads. She could play with Mila all day and still be sad to leave. 

My mom genuinely thought raising kids was a delight, and it showed. We were blessed to have her stay home with us, and both my parents sacrificed to make that happen. She is with-out a doubt the reason I went into motherhood believing it to be a blessing worth sacrificing for. And I haven't been disappointed. Even on its hardest day, it is an amazing blessing. 

My mom and Ads :)
I hope and pray that one day Addie is able to say I am even half the mom my mom is. 

Love you, Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment