Thursday, October 11, 2012

New Addition...

Sweet Brandon
How cute is he???

And, no, we aren't adopting. Although I wish we were. But we are sponsoring!

Our church partners with several orphanage in Kenya to help provide a home, education, love and, most importantly, Christ, to precious little children who would otherwise not have a home. The orphanages are amazing. Each child lives with wonderful house parents, along with other kiddos of the same age. Their needs are met in a way they never have been before, they are LOVED on, they are taught, and shown, Christ, on a daily basis. It makes me so happy.

Matt and I have already been so blessed by this little guy.  He has opened our eyes to suffering and to redemption. And we get to email with him...LOVE it and LOVE HIM. We can't wait to go visit him as soon as the Lord allows us too.

And we can't wait to introduce him to this little cutie...

Brandon calls her 'his little sister, Addison'...how sweet is that!?!
Matt and I pray Philippians 1:3-11 over both of them...

"I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, always offering prayer with joy in my every prayer for you all, in view of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. For it is only right for me to feel this way about you all, because I have you in my heart, since both in my imprisonment and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers of grace with me. For God is my witness, how I long for you all with the affection of Christ Jesus. And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in real knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve the things that are excellent, in order to be sincere and blameless until the day of Christ; having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."

2 comments:

  1. That makes me so happy! Just love both those little ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so precious! What great adoptive parents he has :)

    ReplyDelete